At MLSE, our common purpose is to unite and empower employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Similarly, we seek to unite with our various suppliers in this common purpose, jointly sharing values towards improving diversity, inclusion, environmental practices and care within our organizations and our communities, while upholding ethics and integrity in our business practices.
As such, it is important to MLSE that its’ suppliers review and adhere to the principles outlined in our Supplier Code of Conduct (“SCC”). Should you have any questions regarding the SCC, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MLSE SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
The following is MLSE’s Supplier Code of Conduct. As a supplier of MLSE, MLSE expects that your organization will take all reasonable measures to comply with and abide by the following elements:
- 1. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Your organization is dedicated to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment that promotes respectful behavior free from discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, marital status, and political affiliation as well as gender expression, mental illness, socioeconomic status or background, or physical appearance.This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, promotion, access to training and development, layoffs, and supplier engagements.
- 2. Anti-racism
Your organization is aware that MLSE has a zero-tolerance policy towards acts of racism of any kind. Should MLSE report any act of racism by an employee of your organization (whether by phone, email, or in-person/on-site), then you are committed to swift and thorough investigation of such matters with prompt reporting back to MLSE as to any corrective actions that will be taken.
- 3. Policy and Training
Your organization has established, or will establish within a reasonable period of time, clear policies and guidelines which will ensure that all staff:
- Are treated (and treat others) equitably and respectfully
- Are protected against all acts of racism, discrimination and intimidation or possible acts/threats of associated violence
- Have been informed, and have available, a formal and private process for reporting any acts of racism or discrimination that they may experience in their work environment, which are documented, evaluated and acted upon in a swift manner by your organization
- Have been made aware of their obligations as an employee to act in a respectful manner to all individuals and to promptly report any acts of racism, discrimination or violations of this Code that are noted/identified within the workplace that they may witness/observe
- Are protected from retaliation in any form for speaking up, reporting acts of racism, discrimination or violations of this code or participating in a related investigation or review of such concerns
Your organization has established and implemented (or will establish and implement within the next 3 months) a training program on diversity and inclusion and such program may be reviewed by MLSE. Similarly, you are committed to ensuring that all of your new and existing staff working with MLSE have received anti-racism training and are aware that any actions of racism or discrimination may have them removed from their role in providing service to MLSE in line with MLSE’s zero tolerance policy.
- 4. Labour Laws/Human Rights
- Will conduct business in compliance with all applicable labour laws and ensure that working conditions in the supply chain are safe and employees are treated with dignity and respect.
- Will ensure there is no harsh or inhumane treatment, including harassment, physical or verbal abuse, mental or physical coercion nor threat of such treatment tolerated within your workplace
- Will provide the right to your employees to be paid for overtime (or time in lieu) when working above required work hours, receive no less than the applicable minimum wage and benefits, and overall, operate in accordance with all applicable laws
- Will ensure there is no child labour, forced labour or exploitation (of any kind) within your organization or within any suppliers who are supplying your organization (directly or indirectly)
- Will ensure a safe and healthy work environment (temperature, lighting, washroom facilities, fire regulations, etc.) for all of your employees in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, ensuring proper care to avoid injury or health issues. Supplier shall provide necessary care and services for any associated health issues/problems or disabilities with any employee.
- 5. Environment
- Will comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and will have an environmental plan within a reasonable period of time for improving your organization’s impact on the environment which should include things such as: proper disposal of any hazardous waste, progressive steps towards instituting recyclable practices, attempts to limit carbon emissions/pollution/waste water, etc.
- 6. Ethical Business Practice
- Will not engage in, and will prohibit, any acts of fraud, corruption, bribery, or extortion (either within your organization or with suppliers/subcontractors of your organization)
- Will immediately report if there is any actual of perceived conflict of interest in any business undertakings with MLSE (either with your organization or suppliers/subcontractors of your organization)
- 7. Community Involvement
- Your organization will use reasonable efforts towards reviewing and potentially supporting opportunities for the diverse youth in the GTA (e.g. through educational tours of your facility, internships, volunteering, etc.).
- 8. Compliance with this Code
Compliance with the MLSE Supplier Code of Conduct is a requirement of all suppliers of MLSE. Failure to comply may result in termination of that Supplier’s supply agreement with MLSE. Supplier agrees to use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that employees and sub-contractors are aware of and understand the terms of the MLSE Supplier Code of Conduct. Supplier agrees to meet with MLSE upon request, to review your organization’s compliance and progress on meeting the requirements of this code of conduct.
The MLSE Supplier Code of Conduct may be amended from time to time. MLSE shall provide supplier with notification of any material amendments and supplier shall have thirty days to advise if they are unable to comply with any such amendments. If Supplier is unable or unwilling to comply with an amendment for any reason, then Supplier and MLSE will meet to discuss in good faith Supplier’s rationale for non-compliance. Following this meeting, MLSE may, at MLSE’s option, (a) agree to waive the compliance requirement, or (b) amend or terminate the existing agreement with the Supplier.
Contracts will reference mlse.com/supplier-code-of-conduct instead of having the code of conduct within the contract.