Coming off the team’s winningest season, the Toronto Raptors are bringing the Northside back to the NBA playoffs for the third consecutive year. This postseason, whether you’re at Air Canada Centre, in and around Toronto or even across the country, the Raptors are engaging more fans than ever.
Widely regarded as one of the most vibrant and passionate fan atmospheres in the NBA, the Raptors will host playoff parties in Ford Fan Zone at Maple Leaf Square for all home and away games. Thousands of Raptors faithful can expect live entertainment, limited edition playoff t-shirts, rally towels, ticket giveaways and appearances by Raptors Dance Pak, The Raptor and NBA TV Canada personality Akil Augustine. Fans will also be able to participate in interactive elements from BMO, Ford, Coors Light, BioSteel, Sport Chek, MBNA, and more.
As the NBA’s only Canadian team, the Toronto Raptors and their loyal fan base have always been different from the rest of the league. This postseason, the team has taken this outsider mentality and created a unique marketing campaign that embraces its unconventional and distinctive character. Through graffiti-themed art, the Raptors are going cross-Canada and bringing the #WeTheNorth mentality nation-wide. As an ode to the growing legions of Canadian basketball supporters, fans in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax will see murals created by local graffiti artists.
In the 6ix
Starting with the first home game on Saturday, April 16, fans will see various iconic Toronto landmarks celebrate the Raptors. The photo-friendly TORONTO sign in Nathan Phillips Square will shine red and white on April 16 and 17 and the CN Tower will glow Raptor red on April 16 including a standard eight-minute light show at the top of the hour with future dates in the works as the playoffs progress.
Eating and drinking
Beginning April 16, fans at Air Canada Centre will literally be able to taste the excitement of the playoffs. The culinary team at the arena has created some playoff specific features that fans can enjoy while cheering on their Raptors.
- Raptors Colada: A fierce twist on a classic. Ciroc Coconut, pineapple juice and soda make this the perfect refreshing cocktail.
- Playoff Punch: A vibrant flavorful concoction sure to enhance the playoff experience. It has all your favourites! Ciroc Red Berry, Coors Light, pineapple juice and cranberry Juice.
- Jurassic Park: A delicious cocktail hatched from last year’s playoff excitement. Meet the Jurassic Park! Ciroc peach, fresh lime juice and topped with ginger ale.
- Hot Lime Bling: Originally introduced during the 2016 NBA All Star Weekend, this fan favourite is breaded chicken tenders seasoned in lime salt and tossed in a creamy Caesar buffalo fusion sauce, topped with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh limes.
Brought to you by….
As always, Raptors partners are giving fans unique ways to be part of the action and celebrate the 2016 NBA Playoffs.
- Northside Pride presented by Air Canada is back! Fans can submit photos, videos, or whatever it takes to show their Raptors Pride at com/northsidepride for a chance to win a Raptors Road Trip to Game 4 of Round 1 courtesy of Air Canada.
- Sprite is giving fans the chance to win playoff tickets to Round 1; fans can enter today at com/spritecontest
- Coors Light Bar North invades Real Sports Bar and Grill throughout the playoffs, featuring Coors Light specials and daily programming.
- Cineplex Entertainment is bringing #WeTheNorth fever to more basketball fans across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and southern Ontario. They will host viewing parties at five Cineplex theatres, where fans get can a front row seat to watch Raptors’ home and away games, as part of the first round of the 2016 NBA Playoffs. For more locations, visit com/Raptors