BMO Field Customer Service Policy
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), BMO Field is committed to working to improve access and opportunities for people with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers that might interfere with their ability to make full use of our facility.
BMO Field is dedicated to providing unimaginable fan experiences to its customers.
In doing so, we endeavour to service every fan in a manner that reflects the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. Our commitment is to provide all fans including those living with disabilities the same opportunity to benefit from our goods and services.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
BMO Field is committed to serving all fans including people with disabilities by removing barriers that might arise in the course of doing business as follows:
1. Communication – We will communicate with fans with disabilities in ways that take their disability into account. We will train our people on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
2. Telephone Services – We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our fans. We will train our people to communicate over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly. We will offer to communicate with fans using the relay service or by email if telephone communication is not suitable for their needs or is not available.
3. Assistive Devices – BMO Field welcomes our fans with disabilities and allows them to use their own personal assistive devices. BMO Field also GuestAssist text messaging and wheelchair escorts. Please note that we do not have wheelchairs that fans may keep for the duration of an event.
Note on Oxygen Tanks: Fans requiring the use of an oxygen tank may bring it with them into the building, however, we ask that they notify our Fan Services team so that we can determine if their current seat is the best accommodation for this assistive device.
4. Accessible Seating – BMO Field is committed to providing an exceptional experience for all fans and is pleased to offer accessible seating throughout the venue. Accessible seating sections are barrier-free and feature removable seating that can accommodate wheelchairs. An accessible section is indicated by an “A” following the section number. When available, accessible seats may be purchased through Ticketmaster online or by phone at 1-855-985-4625 (Toronto FC) and 1-855-985-5000 (all other events). Seats may be purchased as a single or in pairs to accommodate the fan and a support person. Two weeks prior to each game date, any accessible seats that have not been sold will be released for purchase by the general public. It is recommended that fans that require an accessible seat purchase this type of ticket in advance.
Fans in possession of a standard seating ticket but that require an accessible seat will need to exchange their ticket prior to the event based on availability.
Toronto FC Season Seat Holder – Season Seat Holders looking to exchange their standard seat for an accessible ticket should contact the Toronto FC GOAL Line at 416-360-GOAL (4625) to confirm availability. If an accessible seat is available, the exchange will be processed.
Gifted directly from a Toronto FC Season Seat Holder – If a fan is given a standard seat ticket from a Season Seat Holder and requires an accessible ticket, they should contact the Toronto FC GOAL Line at 416-360-GOAL (4625) to confirm availability. If an accessible seat is available, the fan will be asked to contact the Season Seat Holder and have them contact the GOAL Line or their Service Representative to request and confirm the exchange. This permission/confirmation will be required in writing.
Ticketmaster Purchase – If a fan purchases a standard seat ticket through Ticketmaster and requires an accessible ticket, they should contact Ticketmaster at 1-855-985-4625 (Toronto FC) or 1-855-985-5000 (all other events) to confirm availability. If an accessible seat is available, the exchange will be processed.
Third Party/Unknown – If a fan purchases a standard seat ticket from a third party, or any other method that cannot be traced, and they require an accessible ticket, an exchange or refund cannot be offered. These fans should contact the Toronto FC GOAL Line at 416-360-GOAL (4625) to inquire on the availability of an accessible seat to purchase.
At the event, fans who show up and require, but do not hold, a ticket for an accessible seat, should visit our Fan Services team located just inside Gate 1. Our Fan Services team will work with our Ticket Office to try to find a solution for the fan. Accommodations will be based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.
5. Documentation – All published documents can be made available in hard copy, large print and email if required.
BMO Field welcomes our fans with disabilities and their support person. All fans entering our venue, including those acting as a support person, are required to hold a valid ticket. Tickets for a support person are subject to standard event pricing.
If a fan and their support person come to an event and have tickets in different sections, our Fan Services team will do their best to relocate them to a location where they can be seated together. The ability to do this will be based on availability and cannot be guaranteed. If they cannot be seated together, we will ensure that our fan can access their support person while in our venue.
If a support person does not have a ticket to the event, our Ticket Office will work with the fan to allow them to purchase a ticket, when available.
BMO Field welcomes our fans with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals may accompany the fan in any areas open to the general public. To ensure the safety of our fans and their service animals, we require that they be seated in an accessible seating section.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
BMO Field will provide notice to the public when there is a temporary disruption of facilities or services usually used by our fans with disabilities to access our goods or services. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or services that may be available. We will post this notice in reasonable places including the Ticket Office, Fan Services booths and, where possible, at the point of disruption. When possible, disruptions that are known in advance will be posted online.
These facilities or services include our passenger elevators, family washrooms, accessible stalls in all men’s and women’s washrooms; wheelchairs, Assistive Listening Devices and GuestAssist text messaging program.
BMO Field will provide training to all employees and others who deal with our fans, as well as those who are involved in the development of corporate policies, practices and procedures. BMO Field will also ensure that the staff of all third parties operating within our venue have received training on serving our fans with disabilities.
Training will cover the following:
– The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service
– How to interact and communicate with fans with various types of disabilities.
– How to interact with fans with disabilities that use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or
– The location of our assistive devices and the persons who know how to use them. What to do if a fan with a disability is
having difficulty accessing our goods or services.
– BMO Field’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
– Those involved in policy development will receive additional training about providing goods or services to the public or third
This training will be done as part of our preseason training program each year. For all staff members that join our team after this point, this training will be provided within their new hire training class. Ongoing training will be provided with respect to any changes to BMO Field’s policies, practices and procedures.
BMO Field is committed to providing exceptional fan service. We appreciate feedback from our fans on all issues, especially related to the way we provide goods and services to people with disabilities. All feedback should be directed to our Fan Services team in the method most preferred by the fan.
In person during an event, fans may visit our Fan Services team at our booth locations near Gate 1 or Gate 3. For all other methods, please use the contact information below.
BMO Field Fan Services
170 Princes’ Blvd., Toronto, ON, M6K 3C3
Phone: 416-815-5982, Fax: 416-815-6050
To send us an email, fans should go to https://www.mlse.com/contact-us. Fans should include the date of their visit and seating location. If they wish to be contacted about their feedback, fans should provide their name and contact information. We strive to respond to all feedback within two business days of receipt.
Questions About This Policy
Any questions about this policy should be referred to our BMO Field Fan Services team at the contact information noted above.
50 Bay Street, Suite 500
Toronto ON, M5J 2L2